Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Birthday

I celebrated my birthday in a low-key manner with my few friends and well-wishers. The day was fine and everything went well on the occasion. I had no problem purchasing the birthday-cake, thanks to the newly launched brand called Reimann's. Usually I used to go to a pastry shop and wonder which one to pick. The confusion occurs when you have to consider personnel preferences with the tastes of others. This time I straight went to the Super-market and picked up a box of Reimann's chocolate cheese-cake. The cake turned out to be a big hit with the guests.
There was a time when I used to expect too much from this day. And if I couldn't make a big bash of it, I'd feel depressed. But now I have become more wiser. The less the expectations, more the better. I am usually influenced by the book I am reading. Currently it's Fyodor Dostoevsky's "The Idiot". There are a fair share of parties and get-togethers in this book and the deatailed description of it makes interesting reading. There is a laid-back and leisurely atmosphere in these parties which I fancy.The hosts and guests does not expect too much from it except for the sake of a get-together,enjoyment and merriment.
I know it's not easy to replicate 19-th century attitude in the 21-st century. After all time is a big factor now-adays. 'Time is money' is a popular adage. In any case, I am happy and more happy than any of the previous birthdays. I dont know whether it's due to change of attitude or change of fortunes. Infact it's one that often leads to the other. There was a time when I used to fume and fret over any adversity or set-backs. Perhaps due to Osho's influence and the effect of dynamic-meditation, resulted in change of outlook towards life. I now realised that happiness is a state of mind. You can constantly ponder over the misfortunes and lead a life an unhappy wretch; or you can think about the things you have and be happy,condented and thankfull about it.
So I would like to thankfull- to God/Providence/Almighty; to my parents - though they are n't in best terms with each other; to my sisters -who always sent me best of their cuisine despite their busy professional life; to my nieces and nephews- who always inspire me with new ideas; to my dog Tuffy - who plays the pomeranian/comedian of our family; to Osho ; to Dostoevsky ;to blogger; and last but not the least to all my friends and well-wishers without whom life would n't be so colourfull.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WauFkb4jmCI

No comments:

Post a Comment