Saturday, December 25, 2010

George Foreman : the punching preacher


With Jackie Chan(above) while endorsing his cooking-machine and with Ali (below) The Rumble In The Jungle-1974.

Extracted from Muhammad Ali's biography

George Forman : My own conversion was truly religious. A deep pull from God changed my life. I had an experience in Puerto Rico in 1977 where, for a split second in my dressing room after I fought Jimmy Young, I was out of this world. I was dead, and then came back to life. Now you think about it. Everybody asks right before they die, if they could relive their life, how would they change it ? And I had another chance. I was getting ready to die, and I said to myself, 'If I could relive my life, I'd be nicer to people; I'd believe in Jesus'. And that's what I did. I've given my life to Jesus. So the next time I go to meet God, I can tell him I've lived my life right.

book: Muhammad Ali - His Life and Times by Thomas Hauser

No comments:

Post a Comment